DW/CLIM question

    Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1991 10:35-0500
    From: JGA@ALDERAAN.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (John G. Aspinall)

	Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1991 17:11 EST
	From: buff@pravda.cc.gatech.edu (Richard Billington)

	Any idea about how to make scroll a window to make a presentation appear at
	the top of it? That is, using DW (or CLIM), I'd like to do things like the
	functions :put-item-in-window or :scroll-to let me do in
	tv:text-scroll-windows. (Eventually I'm moving to CLIM, so I want to stay
	compatable even though I'm currently still in DW on a Symbolics).

    In CLIM:

      (multiple-value-bind (lef top rit bot) (clim:bounding-rectangle* presentation)
	 (declare (ignore lef rit bot))
	 (clim:window-set-viewport-position* pane 0 top))

    or

      (multiple-value-bind (lef top rit bot) (clim:bounding-rectangle* presentation)
	 (declare (ignore lef rit bot))
	 (multiple-value-bind (v-lef v-top) (clim:window-viewport-position* pane)
	    (declare (ignore v-top))
	    (clim:window-set-viewport-position* pane v-lef top)))

    or any number of other variations (e.g. centering the presentation).

I don't have the sources for dw::presentation-location, so I don't know what
it's supposed to do (it's undocumented). I would assume it does the same
thing as clim:bounding-rectangle*, but:

(dw::presentation-location (present "hiya")) => NIL

Anyway at all of getting DW to tell me where it presented something (without
my explicitly telling it where to present it)?