: Why do UX400 Embedded boards generate "double" ICMP ECHOREPLYs?

We have two UX400 cards (running Genera 8.1.1) embedded into a Sun 4/260
(running SunOS 4.1.1), and have been playing with ICMP ECHOs to see if
the cards are loaded and running.  However, when we do a ping -s from any
host other than the Sun in which the cards are embedded, we get a double
ECHOREPLY for each ICMP ECHO request.

Has anyone else seen this occur?  Any ideas as to whether this is a Sun
or Symbolics problem?  Is the EMB interface confused?

Any ideas you might have would be appreciated,
/dec

Dwight E. Cass
Northrop Research and Technology Center
One Research Park