The Terminal Program

    Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1992 05:59 EST
    From: rm@ki2.informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Ralf Moeller)

    Hi,

    I would like to know if there is a way to set the default of the
    ':Terminal Simulator' argument of the Terminal Program to VT100. The
    current default is Ambassador (Genera 8.1). Are the sources of the
    Terminal Program distributed?

LGM already answered the first question.  The answer to the second
question is yes: SYS:NETWORK;TELNET.LISP.  And if all the filter and
fast-filter stuff in there gets you completely confused, chear up, as
you're in good company.  It took me a long time to understand it, and it
still confuses me sometimes.  TELNET.LISP was one of the first Lispm
programs I dissected, about 11 years ago when Lispms were still being
built and programmed at MIT; it was such a simple program in those days.
But now it's a pretty interesting example of complex use of
object-oriented programming.

                                                barmar