The Terminal Program

Thank you all for responses.

I asked for the source code because I would like to insert some code to
be able to use the meta key in the GNU-Emacs (GNUS-Emacs provides some
nice utils). I think, it should be possible to betray the terminal
programm by inserting e.g. ESC-x into the input stream when m-x has been
typed.

BTW, does anybody know the name and directory of the file server init
file. The file is used to automatically invoke the file server after
booting the machine. Page 249 of the documentation for Site Operations
(Genera 8.1) mentions the init file but says nothing about its name and
preferred location (or see Section Configuring a File Server in the Doc
Ex). Maybe I cannot see the wood for all the trees :-)

Ralf