UX1200 on an NCD17c x-terminal

I use NCD17c all the time with my UX1200Ss.  What you didn't say is which keyboard your
ordered.  If you have the 101 (Mac, PC, lookalike), then you're in good hands.  The
command
:show keyboard layout ncd n-101
will give you a picture of the layout; however, the Symbolics must know that you're using
an NCD keyboard.  If you're on a network, then your NCD should be in the Symbolics
namespace such as

1Showing HOST SLEUTH in namespace TRC:
0Site: TRC
Machine Type: NCD
System Type: NONE
Address: INTERNET 149.180.01.234
Console Location: 1 1 A02
Service: X-WINDOW-SYSTEM TCP X-WINDOW-SYSTEM

If you're attached via Xremote or serial line, then for the host that you're attached to
you should enter they keyboard-layout type user attribute.  There is a way to manually
set the keyboard layout type but it would take me a while to dig it out.

1Showing HOST SPIRIT in namespace TRC:
0Site: TRC
Machine Type: SUN4
System Type: UNIX42
Address: INTERNET 149.180.12.345
Service: FILE TCP TCP-FTP
Service: FILE UDP NFS
Service: LOGIN TCP TELNET
Service: MAIL-TO-USER TCP SMTP
Service: RPC TCP RPC
Service: RPC UDP UDP-RPC
Service: RPC TCP TCP-RPC
Service: SEND TCP SMTP
Service: STORE-AND-FORWARD-MAIL TCP SMTP
Service: TAPE TCP UNIX-REXEC
Service: TIME UDP TIME-SIMPLE-MSB
Service: UNIX-REXEC TCP UNIX-REXEC
Service: X-WINDOW-SYSTEM TCP X-WINDOW-SYSTEM
User Property: NFS-AUTOMOUNT t
User Property: KEYBOARD-LAYOUT-TYPE 2 ncd-n-101
User Property: KEYBOARD-LAYOUT-TYPE 1 ncd-n-101
User Property: KEYBOARD-LAYOUT-TYPE 3 ncd-n-101

Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com
Amoco Production Company	(918) 660-4270
Tulsa Research Center
P.O. Box 3385, Tulsa, OK 74102