Re: System 7.1 and Genera 8.1.1 MacIvory ELS Update #1

    Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 21:10 AST
    From: Gary M. Palter <Palter@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1993 15:36 EST
	From: Steve Lawrence <Steve@BALROG.it.drea.dnd.ca>

	Has anybody tried installing the G 8.1.1 ELS Update #1 on a Macivory
	(IIfx) running System 7.1 ?

    I have done exactly this.

	I don't seem to be having any luck.  My System folder gets trashed when
	I do this.

    Could you be more specific about how the folder is trashed?

After installing the G 8.1.1 ELS Update #1 my system wouldn't boot.
However in the meantime, I went back to System 7.01, installed the
Genera Update and then installed System 7.1.  Everything works fine now.

Thanks, Steve