Smbx -> PC nets...

To: gooch@tijeras.sw-sw.com

        From: gooch@tijeras.sw-sw.com (William D. Gooch)
        Subject: Send File revisited...
        You're welcome.  I have a PC ethernetted to my lispms, and I just use
        PKZIP on it and them grab the file(s) from a lispm and do whatever.
        I even use the laserwriter plugged into my 3650 serial line to print
        encapsulated postscript files generated on the PC, which is very nice
        and also fairly fast.
William, what PC software do you use (in particular) for your net to the
Symbolics? I'm looking to set up such a connection, and could use any tips on
what software is best, and any hardware/setup caveats you can provide. Are
you using TCP, NFS or ?. I'm currently connected to an Amiga using it's one
and only available Ethernet board and TCP/IP software, and although it's
working adequately, I'm fairly fed up with sneaker-netting PC disks from
there to the PC :( Thanks for any tips!  Scott