HELP ME QUICKLY! PLEASE! (grin)

    Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 16:34 PST
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

	Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 16:28 EST
	From: "Pretend to spank me. I'm a Pseudo-Masochist."
	      <91638%TAYLORU@UICVM.UIC.EDU>

	If anyone out there has information on ways of determining the hardware
	configuration of a 3640 could they please send me some info right away?
	I need to decide on a machine by this friday and I'd like to know what size
	hard drive it has... how much memory (though I think I know)... etc..

    You can get total memory from "Show Herald :Detailed No".  You can get
    more specific configuration information (such as whether it has an IFU)
    from "Show Configuration".

That's "Show Machine Configuration".

	I need to find out how much disk space there is in megabytes not in words or
	megawords.... (or at least a detailed description of how they relate)

    "Show FEP Directory" starts off with a header showing a summary of each
    disk.  The units are FEP blocks, which are about 1Kbytes.

						    barmar

1152 bytes, which corresponds to the amount of memory addressable by 8 bits
(the 36XX has a 4.5 byte word).  People alway wonder where that number comes from.