Am I the insane one or what?

    Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1993 12:08 EST
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>

	Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1993 05:03 EST
	From: beschta@arms2.zfe.siemens.de (Anton Beschta)

	   Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 12:50 -0500
	   From: Barry Margolin <barmar@think.com>

	   I can name that tune in 1 line:

	   (si:get-file-containing (si:dpn-from-address unit cyl head sect))

							   barmar

	  (si:fix-fep-file
	    (car (si:get-file-containing

    I think this should do what you need:

    (defun replace-fep-block (unit cylinder head sector)
      (si:with-bad-block-structures (od da de)
	(let ((dpn (si:dpn-from-address unit cylinder head sector))
	      (bad-block-info (make-instance 'si:bad-block-tester
					     :original-data od
					     :disk-array da
					     :disk-event de)))
	  (si:handle-bad-block bad-block-info dpn))))

						    barmar

I guess I will never want to replace-fep-block or si:fix-fep-file, I
just hack LISP to simulate circuits and stuff ... but this is SO COOL.
Is it only me that thinks this is hot shit or what? You know why
Symbolics when chapter 11 IMHO? Because this stuff is so seductive you
can diddle the bits on the disk and I can model nth order sigma delta
convertors and digital filters and so on and we forget to lift our head
up and tell the world about it. I dont need a product! I'm having so
much fun hacking I dont want to stop. I'm hooked! Perhaps somebody
somewhere should be shot for not marketing this thing properly. I think
we users of LISP and SMBX need to slow down and drop a few crumbs of
what we may know to be pale shadows of the "real" thing so that the mass
market can follow.  Mini-Genera on a PC for example. We will know it
sucks - they wont. We blased a trail into the woods with a blade so
sharp that we got caught up in the act of cutting down the trees: turn
around - there's no one behind. It's probably too late now, sad isnt it?

Well, end of monolog - good luck in keeping the 3600's alive guys - no
doubt I'll need your help and advice when my Mac I inevitably pegs out.
For now I am looking at Allegro CL/PC with horror.

Martin Mallinson                                martin@cmt.dialnet.symbolics.com

Crimble Micro Test Inc.
5 Tomahawk Drive                                Phone: 508 667 9405
Billerica MA 01821                              Fax:   508 667 0192