backing up several machines to one tape?

    Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 20:46 EDT
    From: K. Mark Alexander <kma@SAMSON.cadr.amis.com>

	Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 15:26 PDT
	From: Neal Feinberg <nealf@harlequin.com>

	   Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 17:21 -0400
	   From: Barry Margolin <barmar@think.com>

	       Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 15:56 EDT
	       From: Hans Tallis <tallis@starbase.mitre.org>

	       [Stuff Deleted]

    The real question is: How do you retrieve from a specific hosts' lmfs
    backup dump?

If you dump the LMFS from several machines onto one Exabyte tape then
you can't retrieve the LMFS from just one of the machines.  I backed up
two of our machines onto a single 8mm tape using an Exabyte EXB-8200
drive. When I listed the contents of the tape, what I saw was a single
LMFS dump which contained the LMFS of both machines.

Craig Lanning <CLanning@trc.scra.org>
Grumman Data Systems
North Charleston, SC