leaving monitors on without booting the machine

My monitor is acting up to the point where when I turn it on, it screams
for a while (hi voltage board?). Finally it syncs up and works fine,
but I dont want to leave the machine booted since it is noisy, and
I want the monitor to work for some deadlines coming up.

I need to drag a spare out of storage but that is more work than leaving
the monitor on. This model has the top slots, and the LED display
that says FOO on booting, at the upper left (moniterm?).

Any implications for leaving the monitor on without getting any sync
from the machine? thanks

Paul Pangaro                  pan@pangaro.com
PANGARO Incorporated
P O Box 390420              (Premises @ 129 Franklin St, Suite 204)