New Members

I agree with Griss and the others who recommended more senior
Japanese members. I met with the KCL folks last year and found
that their understanding of Lisp was surprisingly shallow for
implementors. They seemed quite capable of hacking extraordinary
things together, but lacked the judgement to decide among various
interpretations of Silver-book statements by relying on taste and
a feeling for Lisp. I don't believe that at the point I met with
them they had developed a consistent mental model of Common Lisp.

			-rpg-