CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Menu/Command Table inheritance.

    Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1991 17:38 EST
    From: seth@gandalf.hrl.hac.com

	  Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1991 16:45 EST
	  From: seth@gandalf.hrl.hac.com

	  Buried in the manual I discovered that menus are not inherited by
	  command tables.  Why?

      Because we (Dave Moon and myself) decided that, for the most part,
      inheriting the menu items wasn't usually the right thing.  Of course, we
      could be wrong, but that's what we decided.

    Fair 'nuff.  So I should be able to do it myself, right?  I'm almost
    there but...

    I've defined the application-frame mixin.  My derived frames inherit
    from the mixin and also inherit the command table.  I wrote an
    :after initialize-instance method to propagate the menu items
    from the inherited command tables to the current frame.  The
    problem now is that it isn't mouse sensitive.  I get the feeling
    that CLIM cannot find the translators for the input context
    (which should be clim:command since I'm in the default-frame-top-level).

Can you boil down a small test case for me?  What you describe should
work, and I have done this myself (although not with an :AFTER method),
so there is probably just something minor that is preventing you from
winning.

    Do I have to explicitly propagate the translators?  If so, how?

    Btw, welcome back.  We missed you.

Not too much, I hope :-).  Thanks.

    My configuration is CLIM 1.0 from ILA running under MCL 2.0b1p3 on
    a Mac IIci.

0, forwarded,,