CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: accepting-values pane (CLIM 1.1 Genera 8.2)

   We're having difficulty with accepting-values panes...

Boy, does this describe my recent experience with them.  I have had
problems with what Don describes, as well as the following:

When a value is entered into an AV field that is the wrong type, the
error message scrolls across the AV window and covers it with garbage,
making both the error message and the original field labels
unreadable.  What can I do to prevent this?

Also, what can I use to make both the default AND the description of
the type to appear?  I want the default, but I still want the helpful
"a string" or whatever to appear.

Thanks as always.

Jeffrey