CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CLIM with multiple frames

   Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 10:26:59 -0500 (EST)
   From: Daniel D Suthers <suthers+@pitt.edu>

   This also bothers me about Clim (as evidenced by extensive discussion
   last summer) -- passive highlighting means you have to have a process
   busy-waiting, so you can't use MCL's nice event-driven processing that
   lets you have several active windows up which the user can utilize as
   he/she desires.

I'm curious what you suggest as an alternative.  MCL's "nice
event-driven processing" still requires a process to be polling
(events don't get processed while Lisp is executing unless special
care is taken).

   But a question ...
   > OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM will create a window for doing i/o on.
   If one does multiple open-window-streams within the scope of a single
   run-application-frame, does the command processor check all windows?
   I.e., is this a *portable* solution to having multiple windows up, all
   of which are sensitive to a passive (unclicked) pointer? Or does all
   control/sensitivity switch to that window until it is closed?

CLIM's input loop will deal with all streams which share the same
input buffer.  You can use the STREAM-INPUT-BUFFER accessor to
retrieve one stream's buffer and assign it to another stream.

Dennis Doughty						Interleaf, Inc.
doughty@ileaf.com

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index