GC24-bit card

The Apple 8-24-GC card I order to use with my MacIIfx finally arrived.
Page 20 of the manual warns:
"...there may be situations when yo uwill want to turn the
acceleration feature off--for example if you are using an application
program that does not conform to the programming standards specified
by Apple.  Symptoms of application incompatibility may include the
appearance of unexpected objects or artificats on the screen, or the
incorrect execution of commands."

Unfortunately, MACL 1.3.2 seems not to conform to the programming
standards specified by Apple.  The insertion point in FRED does not
behave properly, and I sometimes get system errors.  There are also
some milder problems with Hypercard 1.2.5.  (The browse tool is all
black.)

Since I bought the card primarily for lisp, I would like to know if
this is fixable.  Any comments, Apple?