Packaging MCL

   Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1993 09:44+0200
   From: Vincent Keunen <nrb!keunen@nrbmi2.ia.nrb.be>

       Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 22:01+0200
       From: ph@netcom.com (Peter Hendrickson)

       I think this is a good idea and here's how to package it: Call it the
       "MCL Operating System".  Distribute it in an "MCL Operating System
       Folder".  Nobody cares how big an operating system is!  When you are
       delivering an MCL program to a customer, you specify that it requires
       the "MCL Operating System" and they won't bat an eye.  The tone of the
       interaction changes from "... but the application will be 1.5MB" to
       "... you are up to date with the MCL Operating System, aren't you?"

Best of all, make the MCL OS Free and packaged with the MAC OS.  I'll bet that
this will greatly increase the # of people doing development in the language
and thus up the Number of sales of the MCL language.

Marc