Genera 8.0 Announcement

    Date: 2 Mar 90 15:57:00 GMT
    From: groberts@yukon.scrc.symbolics.com, jr@yukon.scrc.symbolics.com

    This letter went out in hardcopy to all customers this week. The sales
    reps also received this letter. If you have questions, please address
    them to your sales rep, Gary Roberts, or Johanna Rothman.

    ----

    Dear Symbolics Owner,

    Customers eligible for Genera 8.0 will receive distribution media, an
    initial documentation set, and one extra documentation set for each
    additional five covered systems at a site.

In the brouhaha the new restrictions on software distribution, perhaps
this additional policy change got overlooked.  Apparently we no longer
get a set of documentation for each machine under software maintenance!
Do we even get one set of release notes per machine?  Do we get the
right the duplicate the documentation for the other machines under
software maintenance?

Symbolics tried to pull a similar stunt back at Release 5, claiming that
they would only distribute one set of documentation per site.  The
policy was very short-lived.

-- Rich