[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Window bit-arrays in static memory
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Window bit-arrays in static memory
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Stefan Roth)
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 1990 15:24:29 -0400
- Distribution: usa
- Illegal-object: Syntax error in Keywords: value found on neat.cs.toronto.edu: Keywords: : make-window bit-array permanent-storage-area ^-illegal word in phrase
- Keywords: tv:make-window bit-array permanent-storage-area
- Newsgroups: git.slug
- Organization: Georgia Institute of Technology
I am using tv:make-window to create several large windows with bit-arrays
(i.e., :save-bits = T) on the color screen. Since these windows will never be
killed or discarded, I don't want these large bit-arrays (> 1Mbyte each) to be
subject to GC.
Q: How can I get tv:make-window to put only the bit-array (not the other
arguments to tv:make-window) into the area sys:permanent-storage-area?
I am assuming that the screen-array of color:color-screen is put there
automatically. Is that correct?
Please e-mail responses to me.
Thanks in advance.
Artificial Intelligence Branch
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332