Symbolics to Sun Port Questions

    Date: Wed, 12 Sep 90 08:15:39 PDT
    From: curte@beowulf.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Curt Eggemeyer)

    [...]

    2)  During this port, I am thinking of changing over to CLOS.
    What experiences has anyone had in doing a Flavors to CLOS
    translation?

I also had to do precisely this for a planning and scheduling system
that we developed here.  Based on my experience, I would urge you to
consider doing the conversion on the Symbolics before porting.  Load the
system Conversion Tools and then invoke the functionality (there are a
few variants of the command, and I forgot the names) from Zmacs.  I was
very pleased at how well this worked for our system and shudder to think
about how painful it would have been to do "by hand".