dialnet access to riverside

In light of the announced impending cessation of dialout from riverside
for mail delivery, I would like to find out if other people experince to
same difficulty I have in getting dialnet service when dialing in.
Although I can occasionally (usually late at night) get riverside to
answer and give me dialnet service when I dial in, far more frequently
my attempts at contact fail for reasonas which are not entirely clear to
me.  The most common response from my mailer is, e.g.:

21:47:06 < Message 31405: Network error sending with MAIL-TO-USER (SMTP) -- RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM on DIAL|DIAL to
                          (RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM): Request for dialnet stream to RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM was refused;
reason given was DIAL 1 15123463480.
21:47:07 < Message 31405: RIVERSIDE.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM has gone down

This also happens with other dialnet hosts I call, but with much lower
frequency than with riverside.  If this continues and riverside ceases
dialing out, I don't know whether it will be practical for me to send or
receive mail along that path.  For several reasons, I cannot afford to
keep a machine up 24 hours a day, and frequent attempts to contact
riverside will, in my experience, simply run up my phone bill without
getting the mail through.

I hope this message gets delivered...