CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

WHY?

Why does open-root-window take a window-type argument that is specific to
the machine being worked on?  I thought the whole idea of clim was machine
independence.  When I switch between clims on different machines I either
have to remember to rewrite that part of the code or to code my own
function that checks to see what kind of machine I am using.
I am sure there is a good reason for doing it but perhaps there could be
another function for those of us who don't need to do anything fancy and
would like to have the same code run on different machines.

0,,