[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
A Dylan implemented on Common Lisp
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: A Dylan implemented on Common Lisp
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Yost)
- Date: 5 Mar 1995 23:20:51 GMT
- Organization: Dave Yost's house
- Sender: email@example.com
It would seem to me to be a very worthy university project to
build a portable Dylan implementation on top of Common Lisp.
Would someone please do it?
* Dylan would be instantly available to more people
* I expect a lot of useful framework code to be written in
Dylan, and it would be wonderful to be able to use it in
* Who knows, such a thing might give some impetus to adding
Dylan's worthwhile optimization features to standard CL.
* If Lisp-to-Dylan syntax translation is part of the package,
we CL fans could work in the Dylan-enhanced CL, then export
our code in Dylan syntax for porting to the sure-to-come
plethora of native Dylan compilers.