Flushing People

There are many reasons I'd like to jettison Balzer. First, the CL
community tends to not respect him. I got several complaints about
his CL Framework presentation, similar to the ones about his Monterey
presentation. Second, he has always tried to gain control of the Lisp
community; I know he tried this at the Utah (1980?) and the SRI (1981)
ARPA Lisp meetings. He doesn't give a hoot about technical details, only
his personal power base. Third, his research work has always been a little
on the bogus side. None of the work is his, mostly it's Neil Goldman's.
Fourth, he rubs people the wrong way. Fifth, his political savvy is mostly
centered around his personal situation; he is good at having water roll off
his back and little else. He is incapable of seeing anyone's point of view
except for the point of view of the person in the game with the most power.

I strongly resented him attending our lunch, because he was self-invited.
Fortunately, he spent all his time on the phone.