DECNET annoyances

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 88 08:42 EDT
From: Len Moskowitz <Len@HEART-OF-GOLD>
Subject: DECNET annoyances
To: "3077::IN%\"ragosa%psyche@boeing.com\""@TSD1, "3077::IN%\"slug@warbucks.ai.sri.com\""@TSD1

Yes, we've run into the same behavior with DAP 17 messages, typically
when we're copying files to a VMS directory that doesn't belong to the
logged-in user.  When that happens, we Reset Network (a simple way to
decache passwords) so that we get the "Password for logging in to ..."
prompt next time we try to copy the file, and then change the user name
to the appropriate VAX account.  Also, the protections on the parent VMS
directory ([-]) and all directories in the path should be opened to allow
the operation.

Len Moskowitz
                                                   Allied-Signal Aerospace
moskowitz@bendix.com (CSnet)                       Test Systems Division
moskowitz%bendix.com@relay.cs.net (ARPAnet)        Mail code 4/8
arpa!relay.cs.net!bendix.com!moskowitz (uucp)      Teterboro, NJ 07608